"King George" by Clay Bennett
The record of this administration’s incompetency to govern our country reads like a grocery list of failures, scandals and impropriety.
- Energy Task Force Coverup
- Opposition to Creation of 9/11 Commission
- Falsification of Iraq WMD Claims
- President Bush Claims Link Between Iraq & Al-Qaeda
- Valerie Plame/Joe Wilson Retribution (Libby convicted)
- Hurricane Katrina Response
- President Bush’s National Guard Service
- Enron, Ken Lay & Bush Cabinet
- President Bush Defends Tom Delay
- Harriet Miers
- Mission Accomplished
- Walter Reed
- Bush Administration Defends Unconstitutional NSA Surveillance
- President Bush Dismisses Report on Guantanamo Prison as "Absurd" … Supreme Court Disagrees
- Car Bombs Excluded from Casualty Count in Iraq
- Recess Appointments of Controversial Appointees (1, 2)
- US Attorney Firings (1, 2)
These are only my own grievances (and not all of them). For a more comprehensive report, go here.
Thankfully, the midterm elections (that the President himself described as a "thumping") indicated that the country as a whole has had enough and recent polls put the President’s approval rating in the low thirties. But this means absolutely nothing if the Democratic majority will not stand up to an unpopular President and insist upon getting us out of the middle of a civil war.
Just to be clear, opposing the war is not the same thing as not supporting our troops. I support our troops, but I have absolutely no confidence in their Commander in Chief or in the decisions that he makes. Further, when President Bush says he supports them, he needs to be asked why he cuts their benefits or provides them with inadequate health care when they come home. The President’s "support" is hollow, political rhetoric which bears no fruit.
There are so many reasons that I am ready for this President to leave; as a teacher, as the son of a small business owner, and for all the reasons listed above and more…January 20, 2009, come quickly.